THORChain — total volume swapped by pool and over time
In this article, I am going to analyze the swap volume in THORChain over time and also the broken down by each pool. All the data come from Flipside Crypto.
Firstly, let’s look at the overall weekly swap volume in THORChain, plotting them in the area chart. There are several quick conclusions we can draw here:
- Missing data from July/11th to Sep/12th as expected due to the system down
- BNB chain almost dominating all the swap volume in the THORChain ecosystem
- There is a peak time for swap near the middle of June
- The recent swap volume still not back to the normal volume
Next, break it to day level, several things:
- The missing data starts July/8th for a week, then came back and then system down again
- Recently, since Oct/18th, there were huge trading volume for THORChain, it makes sense as the first impression is that the huge increases in the RUNE price leads to more interests in THORChain and so users start swapping more often, it is actually a good sign as it will help the community and usage for the app.
Jump to a quick conclusion here: THORChain is a healthy chain, and now it is attracting more and more attention. BUT, the system should be more stable as the whole community or the crowd cannot stand any longer system down again.
Thanks Flipside Crypto for providing the data.